'The Ponderer," author of another blog - PONDERINGS FROM THE POND (http://skiatooklakeokie.blogspot.com/) blogs about songs he finds meaningful as he ponders from his place on the pond.

About Me

About This Blog

Songs mean a lot to me. In this Blog I am sharing songs that have specific meaning to me. My tastes are varied but lean particularly to Country.

The lyrics of a song have meaning to the writer. I know a song can be popular for the tune and beat. It is when the words find a connection with the heart and find a common experience in the life of the listener the song becomes a classic.

Here you will learn more about what makes me tick than you probably want to know. I also hope it gives you some pause for reflection too on joys, sorrows, successes and struggles we all face.

I'll give you the song title, album I found it on, and the lyrics. You can decide whether you want to download it from your favorite music site.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 14, 2009

My List

Weather forecast for the weekend on the pond is cloudy and cold. So, guess I will put off cleaning the garage and working in the yard a few more days. Politics in Washington DC seems to be doing business as usual except they've up'd the ante to include the future of the next couple of generations. People are worried about their jobs and futures.

Looks like a good weekend to count blessings and enjoying freedom and
family. Things we have and reasons to keep keeping on.

Song: My List
Artist: Toby Keith
Album: Greatest Hits 2

Under an old brass paperweight is my list of things to do today
Go to the bank and the hardware store, put a new lock on the cellar door
I cross 'em off as I get 'em done but when the sun goes is set
There's still more than a few things left I haven't got to yet

Go for a walk, say a little prayer, take a deep breath of mountain air
Put on my glove, play some catch, it's time that I make time for that
Wade the shore, cast a line, look up a long lost friend of mine
Sit on the porch and give my girl a kiss
Start livin' that's the next thing on my list

Wouldn't change the course of fate, cuttin' the grass just had to wait
'Cause I've got more important things
Like pushin' my kid on the backyard swing
I won't break my back for million bucks I can't take to my grave
So I'll put off for tomorrow what I could get done today

Like, go for a walk, say a little prayer, take a deep breath of mountain air
Put on my glove, play some catch, it's time that I make time for that
Wade the shore, cast a line, look up a long lost friend of mine
Sit on the porch and give my girl a kiss
Start livin' that's the next thing on my list

Raise a little hell, laugh 'til it hurts, put an extra five in the plate at church
Call up my folks just to chat, it's time that I make time for that
Stay up late, then oversleep, show her what she means to me
Catch up on the things I've always missed
Just start livin' - that's the next thing on my list

Under an old brass paperweight, my list of things to do today...

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Yep! I agree.

(that is till the Warden comes in with a club and a whip!!)

Visitors Since 12/27/2008

Followers