'The Ponderer," author of another blog - PONDERINGS FROM THE POND (http://skiatooklakeokie.blogspot.com/) blogs about songs he finds meaningful as he ponders from his place on the pond.

About Me

About This Blog

Songs mean a lot to me. In this Blog I am sharing songs that have specific meaning to me. My tastes are varied but lean particularly to Country.

The lyrics of a song have meaning to the writer. I know a song can be popular for the tune and beat. It is when the words find a connection with the heart and find a common experience in the life of the listener the song becomes a classic.

Here you will learn more about what makes me tick than you probably want to know. I also hope it gives you some pause for reflection too on joys, sorrows, successes and struggles we all face.

I'll give you the song title, album I found it on, and the lyrics. You can decide whether you want to download it from your favorite music site.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 25, 2009

More Than a Name On A Wall

Today is Memorial Day. A grateful nation stops to give thanks for those who gave their lives so we can live in freedom. And we grieve with those who lost their son, daughter, husband, wife, dad or mom.

Song: More Than a Name on a Wall
Artist: The Statler Brothers
Album: The Definitive Collection

I saw her from a distance as she walked up to the wall
In her hand she held some flowers as her tears began to fall
And she took out pen and paper as to trace her memories
She looked up to Heaven and the words she said were these

She said, "Lord my boy was special and he meant so much to me
And though I'd love to see him just one more time you see
All I have are the memories and the moments to recall
So Lord could you tell him he's more than a name on a wall"

She said, "He really missed the family and being home Christmas Day
And he died for God and Country in a place so far away
I remember such a little boy playing war since he was three
Lord, this time I know he's not coming home to me"

She said, "Lord my boy was special and he meant so much to me
And though I'd love to see him but I know it just can't be
So I thank you for my memories and the moments to recall
But Lord could you tell him he's more than a name on a wall."

"Lord could you tell him he's more than a name on a wall."

No comments:

Visitors Since 12/27/2008

Followers