'The Ponderer," author of another blog - PONDERINGS FROM THE POND (http://skiatooklakeokie.blogspot.com/) blogs about songs he finds meaningful as he ponders from his place on the pond.

About Me

About This Blog

Songs mean a lot to me. In this Blog I am sharing songs that have specific meaning to me. My tastes are varied but lean particularly to Country.

The lyrics of a song have meaning to the writer. I know a song can be popular for the tune and beat. It is when the words find a connection with the heart and find a common experience in the life of the listener the song becomes a classic.

Here you will learn more about what makes me tick than you probably want to know. I also hope it gives you some pause for reflection too on joys, sorrows, successes and struggles we all face.

I'll give you the song title, album I found it on, and the lyrics. You can decide whether you want to download it from your favorite music site.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, November 29, 2008

To Make It A Good Christmas

What is your Christmas story? What do you remember most about past Christmases? Today's song reminds me it is NOT about presents.

The thing I remember most about Christmases past is that there was always laughter, caroling, playing, family and pictures. My maternal grandparents hosted the celebration while we grandkids were all young but by the mid 1960's the tradition moved to my parents' house until they moved from there about 4 years ago. When we were young, my mother's sister and family would join us for a couple days or so. Charles, Romadene, Denalyn, Pam, and Eric all came. I only got to see those cousins a couple of times or so a year but I love them dearly to this day.

A CHRISTMAS STORY
You know why this 1983 movie is a classic? It is all our stories! I can't really remember any specific gift except that I am reminded of it by a photograph from the day. I think I did get a BB gun one Christmas...mom told me to be careful not to shoot my eye out. Mine was a Daisy brand, however. And I actually have had my tongue get stuck on cold metal before, although it was galvanized fence rail. And my friend, Royce Stalter, has a leg lamp in his living room!

To make it a good Christmas make it about people. Christmas is not about presents. It is about getting together with family and friends, stories, food, and celebration. There will be more time to talk about the reason for the season in a later blog.

Song: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
Artist: Andy Williams
Album: The Andy Williams Christmas Album

It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer"

It's the most wonderful time of the year
It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings
When friends come to call It's the hap- happiest season of all

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of Christmases long, long ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year
There'll be much mistltoeing
And hearts will be glowing
When love ones are near
It's the most wonderful time of the year

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of Christmases long, long ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year
There'll be much mistltoeing
And hearts will be glowing
When love ones are near
It's the most wonderful time

It's the most wonderful time
It's the most wonderful time
It's the most wonderful time of the year

No comments:

Visitors Since 12/27/2008

Followers