'The Ponderer," author of another blog - PONDERINGS FROM THE POND (http://skiatooklakeokie.blogspot.com/) blogs about songs he finds meaningful as he ponders from his place on the pond.

About Me

About This Blog

Songs mean a lot to me. In this Blog I am sharing songs that have specific meaning to me. My tastes are varied but lean particularly to Country.

The lyrics of a song have meaning to the writer. I know a song can be popular for the tune and beat. It is when the words find a connection with the heart and find a common experience in the life of the listener the song becomes a classic.

Here you will learn more about what makes me tick than you probably want to know. I also hope it gives you some pause for reflection too on joys, sorrows, successes and struggles we all face.

I'll give you the song title, album I found it on, and the lyrics. You can decide whether you want to download it from your favorite music site.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 4, 2009

You Can't Fix It

Debbie has always called me Robb "the tool man" Clanton - after Tim Allen's character in the 80's - 90's sitcom. I have just enough tools to be dangerous. And If I try to do something with a tool we usually end up having to call a professional in to fix my fix. So we have learned to just call the professional 1st.

On this Sunday morning I am thinking of the greatest "fix it" of the Ages. Thank God for Jesus!

Song: You Can't Fix It
Artist: The Oak Ridge Boys
Album: Common Thread

I recall climbing up that back yard tree
Before I knew it I had hit the ground
She knew my arm was broken
As mama threw the car door open
And hurriedly she drove me into town

As we sat there waiting I said, "Mom, it really hurts"
Then she pointed at the doctor with these words

You can't fix it but he can
Don't you cry - there's healing in his hands!
He can take what's broken and make it whole again
You can't fix it but he can
You can't fix it but he can

I can still see me sittin' on the back church pew
Trying to be cool at seventeen
When the alter call was given
I just kind of stiffened
The preacher just seemed to look right straight at me

When daddy put his arm around me the tears began to fall
Then he pointed to the cross there on the wall

(spoken) and he said,

You can't fix it but he can
Don't you know there's healing in his hands?
He can take what's broken and make it whole again
You can't fix it but he can

Are you standing in the rubble
Of your broken life and wonder
Can the pieces be put back together?

You can't fix it but he can
there is healing in the Savior's hands
He can take what's broken and make it whole again
You can't fix it but he can
You can't fix it but he can

No comments:

Visitors Since 12/27/2008

Followers