'The Ponderer," author of another blog - PONDERINGS FROM THE POND (http://skiatooklakeokie.blogspot.com/) blogs about songs he finds meaningful as he ponders from his place on the pond.

About Me

About This Blog

Songs mean a lot to me. In this Blog I am sharing songs that have specific meaning to me. My tastes are varied but lean particularly to Country.

The lyrics of a song have meaning to the writer. I know a song can be popular for the tune and beat. It is when the words find a connection with the heart and find a common experience in the life of the listener the song becomes a classic.

Here you will learn more about what makes me tick than you probably want to know. I also hope it gives you some pause for reflection too on joys, sorrows, successes and struggles we all face.

I'll give you the song title, album I found it on, and the lyrics. You can decide whether you want to download it from your favorite music site.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep

Only a week until Christmas!
I first remember hearing this song in the holiday film "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, singing it. But the message is worth listening to today more than ever. And this artist does a great job on it too. A really good message.
I hope you sleep well this season...and all year! This song gives good advice.

Song: Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep
Artist: Amy Grant
Album: The Christmas Collection

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds

If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep, you'll fall asleep
Counting your blessings

No comments:

Visitors Since 12/27/2008

Followers