'The Ponderer," author of another blog - PONDERINGS FROM THE POND (http://skiatooklakeokie.blogspot.com/) blogs about songs he finds meaningful as he ponders from his place on the pond.

About Me

About This Blog

Songs mean a lot to me. In this Blog I am sharing songs that have specific meaning to me. My tastes are varied but lean particularly to Country.

The lyrics of a song have meaning to the writer. I know a song can be popular for the tune and beat. It is when the words find a connection with the heart and find a common experience in the life of the listener the song becomes a classic.

Here you will learn more about what makes me tick than you probably want to know. I also hope it gives you some pause for reflection too on joys, sorrows, successes and struggles we all face.

I'll give you the song title, album I found it on, and the lyrics. You can decide whether you want to download it from your favorite music site.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Kind of Woman, My Kind of Man

Debbie and I have several songs we like and think of as "ours." This is one of them. I have a pretty remarkable wife who really does not ask for much. A tv, satellite so she can get QVC and a phone with QVC on speed dial.

No, really, the words of this song hit home for both of us. A great duet by two of my favorite singers.

Song: My Kind of Woman, My Kind of Man
Artists: Patty Loveless and Vince Gill
Album: Classics (Patty Loveless)

(Vince) You don't need diamonds or big fancy cars
You say you're happy right where you are
(Patty) We're bound together by a little gold band
You're my kind of woman
(Patty) and You're my kind man

(Vince) Oh living without you is my only fear
You still drive me crazy when I hold you near
(Patty) My body trembles with the touch of your hand
(Vince)You're my kind of woman
(Patty) and You're my kind man

(Together) You're my kind of woman
You're my kind man
A match made in heaven
By God's gentle hands
I'll love you forever
Together we'll stand
(Vince) You're my kind of woman
(Patty) You're my kind man

(Together) You're my kind of woman
You're my kind man
A match made in heaven
By God's gentle hands
I'll love you forever
Together we'll stand
(Vince) You're my kind of woman
(Patty) You're my kind man
(Vince) You're my kind of woman
(Patty) And you're my kind man

No comments:

Visitors Since 12/27/2008

Followers